Hello there, friends. My good friend and coworker Sarah, who blogs about Jesus and Kate Spade and everything else she loves over at 12 Twenty Seven, has nominated me for the Liebster Award. I’m a good sport, so I humbly accept this award, with every intent to pass it forward.
According to my research (wow, I just channeled Dorothy Ann from The Magic School Bus there, didn’t I?), the Liebster Award is intended as a sort of get-to-know-you tool that is passed from blogger to blogger to increase exposure and form community and friendships. Pinning down the official rules can be tough, so I’m just going to steal the rules Sarah posted on her blog.
1. Link back to the person that nominated you for the award.
2. You must write 11 facts about yourself so people can learn more about you.
3. You also have to answer 11 questions given by the nominator.
4. After completing, you should nominate other bloggers but you cannot nominate your nominator.
5. You have to let your nominees know that they’ve been tagged and give them access to the link to find out more about the award.
11 Facts About Me
1. I am scared of thunderstorms. Knowing the science behind storms doesn’t help. Pretending storms are just angels bowling doesn’t help. When I hear that first thunderclap, I become fairly useless and very clingy.
2. If I could dye my hair any color, I would choose blue or purple. Alas, business casual dress code.
3. Halloween is my favorite holiday. This year, I’m thinking about dressing up as a gender-swapped Joker from Batman.
4. I have never seen the ocean. Hopefully that changes when I go on vacation later this year.
5. My hidden talent is drawing. But only cartoons. My pride and joy is the Sonic the Hedgehog drawing I did for my best friend’s birthday a few years ago.
6. I was in gymnastics for a few years when I was a kid. I always dreamed of going to the Olympics. Shannon Miller was my hero.
7. I finished my undergraduate career with a double major in Psychology and Christian Studies. My graduate degree is Library and Information Science. I finished everything in 4.5 years so that I wouldn’t have to go to school any longer.
8. In my imagination, I’m much more kick-butt than I actually am.
9. I want to have enough money to fly to Europe and just go wherever I want, with no plan and no time constraints.
10. I was given the “Spreadsheet Excel-lence Award” by my boss at ITT Technical Institute for knowing what all of those buttons in Excel do. Thanks a lot, Quest Community Church, for all the spreadsheets I’ve worked on for you in my serving role.
11. I have a basic grasp on reading music and playing very basic piano, but I wish I could actually play well. And I would love to learn guitar.
Questions from Sarah:
What is your favorite scent?
Cotton. Or fresh linen or any of those really clean smells.
If you won the lottery, what would you do first?
Tithe. Then pay off debt.
Do you prefer the beach or the mountains?
I’ve never been to the beach. I guess that defaults me to mountains? I love the idea of the beach though, if it isn’t crowded or way too hot.
What is you favorite ice cream flavor?
What is your favorite form of travel?
I’ve only ever traveled by car or bus. I get motion sick, so those definitely aren’t my favorite. I would love to take a train trip at some point!
Coffee with or without creamer?
Without. But with tons of sugar, please!
What is your middle name?
Lynn. I hate it. Why would you ask me this question?
Where is your favorite place to shop?
Is it too nerdy to say Game Stop? Or Joseph Beth Booksellers?
Would you rather be too cold or too hot?
Uh….cold. I think. Check back with me later.
What is you favorite month out of the year?
October. I love the fall season and Halloween! October means trips to pumpkin patches, evenings spent playing spooky themed board games and coloring Halloween coloring pages, haunted hay rides, and Halloween parties. It means hoodie weather and bonfires and cider and Hocus Pocus and Harry Potter and The Nightmare Before Christmas. What’s not to like?
What is your favorite TV couple?
The Doctor and Rose.
My Nominations for the Liebster Award:
So there you have it. Some things about me you probably didn’t know. Maybe you didn’t want to know. Regardless, now it’s your turn. If you’ve been nominated, feel free to do your own Liebster post. And I like the questions Sarah asked me, so you all can answer those if you want. Happy Liebster-ing!