Happy Sunday, everyone! I may or may not have mentioned this already, but the church I attend is pretty large; in fact, some might even call it a mega church. So to encourage people to get to know each other, make friends, and do life together, we have what we call life groups – groups of people that are the same gender, in the same age group, and roughly in the same stage of life. My life group meets once a week for a variety of activities. We’ll do Bible study or see a movie or have a meal together.
Tonight, we had a talent show. Think an elementary school talent show, with a little bit of show and tell/demonstration thrown into the mix. At first, I was really reluctant to attend tonight because I can’t dance, sing, act, play an instrument, or any other kind of talent that can be easily demonstrated. But I can draw a bit, so I decided to take in some things I’ve drawn and just pass them around. My turn came and went fairly simply, and it was on to other people.
Here’s what I didn’t expect – that everyone else’s talents and demonstrations would be so interactive. By the end, I felt like Arnold from the old Magic School Bus cartoon. You know, “I knew I should have stayed home today.”
Anyway, I thought I’d share what went down, because it definitely needs to be recorded. Here’s what I learned:
- How to steam clothing to remove wrinkles
- Different ways to wear a scarf
- A hip-hop dance routine
- A step routine with a ditty
- How to create mugs with a phrase or graphic on the side
- A great 5 minute workout
- Some moves to stave off an attacker in a variety of situations
- The difference between whole-life and term life insurance
- How to cook bok choy with oyster sauce and garlic
- How to make a sugar scrub with essential oils